Thursday, August 23, 2012

Facebook and the games that kill us

As anyone who reads this knows I'm a fan of games. In spite of the previous article I wrote I still fancy me self every now and then colorful pixel enhanced journeys into mindless fun. My favorite casual games are time managements & farming games since I don't have a green thumb. I wish I did but unfortunately I always end up killing plants instead of helping them thrive. And most of the "free" to enjoy lot are on Facebook. But *sigh* I honestly think it's killing my enthusiasm. Let's face it: they lure you in with their pretty mechanics and controls and graphics and then when you really start to dig in they say you need this many friends/neighbors before you can go on. And afterwards they get cross when you invite people you don't know. Let's face: it's hypocrisy. Gourmet Ranch (which I at one point adored) tried to get me to recruit people by offering me those shiny lovely keys that unlock items if I recruited new folks. Never worked. The problem was half of the people I knew already played it and the other half didn't want to. Summer Springs a game brought to you by the people in charge of Gaea does the same. And on top of that Summer Springs demands you have at least 50 friends on your listing in order to access a lot of their content in the market. It's also god awfully expensive and time consuming. And not enjoyable when you try so hard and get so little in reward. Finally the game glitches worse than an epileptic. As of today it's lost connection with the server 3 times in a row while I'm trying to harvest crops. I'd love to continue gaming with you, Facebook, but with the insane demands you make, the evils of hackers and malware, etc you are getting to be FAR more hassle than you're bringing in joy in this relationship.
I wish I'd never touched Facebook.
I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment